Juicing for a Vibrant Life
So you’re considering adding fresh juice to your diet…Good for you! Juicing is your ticket to the healthy, vibrant life you’ve always dreamed of. For more information on why to juice, check out the benefits of juicing.
Juicing is Easier than Eating the Fruits & Veggies
In our rushed and often chaotic lives, finding time to eat healthy is a constant battle. Most of us try to get at least a few servings of fruits and veggies into our daily diet. In reality, however, those few measly servings of vegetables and fruit does not amount to too much nutritionally. Sure it may be the daily recommended amount, but the overcooked often over salted and buttered vegetables aren’t really in their optimal form for the best nutrition.
Juicing for Best Possible Nutrition
Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables are the best nutrition you can give your body. But really, eating huge portions of them isn’t always feasable or even palatable. This is why juicing can be the answer. It is so much faster and easier to juice a huge plate of fresh veggies and some fruit than to eat that same amout. When juicing, you still get a good amount of soluble fiber as well.
Juicing with the Right Machine
Getting started juicing is as easy as finding the right juicer for you and diving right into creating fresh juice.
There are 3 main types of juicers. Each type of juicer has a different method of extracting and separating the juice from the pulp.
- High speed spinning and grinding to produce juice
- Good amount of juice is produced
- High speed means oxidation will occur, so juice must be drank immediately.
- Most common juicer
- Easy to use and clean, a great beginner juicer
The best centerfugal juicer is the Breville Juice Fountain Elite.
It can be found at BestJuicers.com or Amazon.com It costs $329.95 with free 48 state shipping at BestJuicers.com.
A less expensive, but very nice juicer is the
- Turns at a slower speed and has a two step process
- Step one crushes the vegetables and fruits
- Step two presses the juice
- Slower speed means less oxidation
- Magnetic and bio-ceramic technology allows for less oxidation therefore making it more stable for storage
- Great for leafy vegetables and wheatgrass
- Juicing time slightly longer, but higher quality juice than the centerfugal juicers
Best titurating juicer is the GreenStar 1000
- Operates at a slower speed
- Chews (masticates) the fibers and breaks up the cells of fruits and vegetables
- Gives more fiber, enzymes, vitamins and trace minerals
- Most versitile since many of thes can also homoginize, making baby food, sauces, nut butters, ice creams and fruit sorbets. They can even make grains with optional grain mill.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Best juicer type in my opinion
The best juicers in this category are the Omega 8006 and the Hurom Slow Juicer.
After getting your new juicer, creating yummy juice is very easy. You can follow recipes or create your own. Often I create my recipes by just using what I have on hand in the fridge or on the counter. I’ve found that you really can’t go wrong when creating a juice for health, however, juicing purely for taste takes some practice. No matter what you juice, it will be healthy, but some combinations of vegetables can be a little overpowering. For example, beets are super good for you, but a little “earthy” to get used to.
Start with a Juice Fast
Some people like to start their new juicing journey by doing a juice fast. A juice fast is when you drink only freshly made juice for all meals of the day for one to three days, or more if you can do it. A juice fast is a great jump start to a nutritionally sound weight loss plan and for those who want to get healthy.
Click here for more information on the benefits of a juice fast or check out Master Cleanse Secrets for the 10 day master cleanse.
You’ve made a great choice to start juicing. There is no time like the present to get started on your new healthy, vibrant life.
Juice Up Your Life!